SIG ASTRO HOG KIT
The Airplane that "WROTE THE BOOK" On R/C Aerobatics - Nothing Flies Like A Hog!
This legendary model got R/C aerobatics off the ground in 1957. As the first successful low-wing R/C model, it swept the top four places at the 1958 Nationals and pioneered the unlimited aerobatic capability we take for granted today. Obviously, the ASTRO HOG is no longer competitive with today s high-tech pattern ships, but it does offer the modern sport flier amazing aerobatic performances in a super stable, easy-to-fly model.
The ASTRO-HOG will perform any maneuver in the book, yet it flies slow enough to let you enjoy it! So gentle, some people have used it as a primary trainer. Ideal for 4-stroke engines!
FOR PILOTS WHO FLY FOR FUN!
- Precision Die-Cut and Sawn Parts to speed assembly
- Detailed Full-Size Plans & Photo-Illustrated Instruction Book
- Semi-Symmetrical NACA-2415 Airfoil for aerobatics and gentle stall characteristics
- Responsive Strip Ailerons
- Bolt-On Wing Mounting
- Molded ABS Plastic Headrest
- Standard Trike Landing Gear (plans also show optional tail dragger gear)
- Engine Mounts
- SIG Easy Hinge
- Complete Hardware Pack
Wing Span: 71 in. (1803 mm)
Wing Area: 824 in² (53.2 dm²)
Length: 51 in. (1295 mm)
Flying Weight: 7 to 7-1/2 lbs. (3175 - 3402 g)
Radio Required: 4-Channel
Engines: .40-.60 (6.5 - 10.0 cm³) 2-Stroke
.60-.80 (10.0 - 13.1 cm³) 4-Stroke