SIG SOMETHIN' EXTRA KIT
The SIG Somethin' Extra is a stunning and agile high-performance R/C plane. It boasts SIG legendary performance and craftsmanship, along with modern styling. This plane is guaranteed to stop people in their tracks - both on the ground and in the sky.
Just like its name implies, this kit will provide you with “SOMETHING EXTRA.” The unique removable wing-panel feature makes this possible because it uses an ultra-light and strong tube system. Additionally, you will find that the thick airfoil section and light wing loading give this model broad flying capabilities. To top it off, it is a plane that will assemble, store and transport easily to your flying field.
That is just part of the reason why this plane is a hit with discriminating RC pilots. Add in the visual appeal of the landing gear and overall design, the precision-molded wheel pants, crystal-clear canopy, quality balsa and plywood construction, and of course, the laser-cut parts for precision fit and ease in building. Plus, this SIG kit is a real performer in the air. It is an ideal plane choice for club contests!
- 100% Laser-Cut parts for absolute accuracy and fast building
- Famous SIG quality Balsa and Plywood
- Complete Hardware Packages included
- High-quality .090 Hardened Aluminum Pre-Formed and Pre-Drilled Landing Gear
- Precision Molded Wheel Pants
- Crystal Clear Canopy
- Complete Instruction Manual with Photographs for fast, easy assembly
- Full-size CAD-Generated Plans - Rolled
- Design incorporates Removable Wing Panels for easy storage and transport
- The perfect Club Contest Airplane
Fantastic performance using either .40 - .46 2-Stroke or .56 - .65 4-Stroke Engines.
The Somethin' Extra Kit is also available in a comparable ARF design as the SIG Somethin' Xtra EG ARF, which features numerous updates including taller landing gear, new graphics, and a redesigned hatch and fuselage design to accommodate either electric or glow power.
Wing Span: 51.5 in. (1308 mm)
Wing Area: 614 sq. in. (39.6 dm²)
Length: 48.25 in. (1225 mm)
Flying Weight: 4.25 - 4.75 lbs. (1928 - 2155 g)
Radio Required: 4-Ch w/5 Servos
Wing Loading: 15.9 - 17.8 oz./sq. ft.
Engines: .40-.46 (6.5 - 7.5 cm³) 2-Stroke;
.56-.65 (9.2 - 10.7 cm³) 4-Stroke