SIG SPACEWALKER 1/3 SCALE KIT
Inspired by Aviation’s Golden Era. Although it looks like it’s straight out of the 1930s, don’t bother looking up this one in your aviation history books. The Spacewalker was designed by Jesse Anglin of Hendersonville, North Carolina, and first flown in 1986. Despite the fact it is a modern design, the Spacewalker manages to capture all the spirit of Aviation’s Golden Era.
SIG brings you the Spacewalker in 1/3 scale. Every effort has been made to retain the scale features of this charming homebuild. Plans for the full-size aircraft were scaled down for the ultimate in accuracy. Construction is easy with pre-formed fiberglass parts and SIG’s famous photo-illustrated construction booklet.
In the air it is certain to please. Designed from the start to handle any kind of sport aerobatics, it has proven to be one of our most exciting models to fly. The big wing, thick airfoil, and long tail moment all make for stable approaches and soft, slow landings. But before coming back to Earth, it will do enough loops, rolls, snaps, and spins to make any sport pilot happy.
There is an Oversize Shipping Surcharge of $20.00 on the 1/3 Scale Spacewalker Kit.
- Fiberglass Cowling, Wingtips, & Wheel Pants
- Molded Plastic Dummy Cylinders & Small Scale Details
- 3-Piece Wing With Aluminum Wing Joiners
- Rugged Cable Control System
- Photo-Illustrated Construction Book
- 4 Sheets Full-Size Plans
- 3-View Drawing
- Authentic Decals, Paint Scheme Patterns
- Fiberglass Elevator Pushrod
- Scale Leaf-Spring Tailwheel Assembly
- Hardware Pack Includes: Wing Bolts, Giant-Scale Hinges, Wheel Pant Mounts, Wheel Collars, Tail Brace Wires, Throttle Pushrod, Elevator Horn, Rudder Horn, R/C Links, Etc.
Wing Span: 104 in. (2642 mm)
Wing Area: 1800 in² (116.1 dm²)
Length: 72 in. (1829 mm)
Flying Weight: 20 lbs. (9000 g)
Radio Required: 4 Channel with 5 servos
Engines: 1.5 - 2.4 (25 - 40 cm³) 2- Stroke
1.8 - 3.0 (30 - 50 cm³) 4-Stroke